Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Webcam in the near future.

Date: 12/31/03 at 4:30AM

Yesterday I went over to Best Buy with Bob and his friend, Mike. I was going to buy a webcam so I can do video with people over the Internet. I was planning to spend 60 dollars on it, but they are only 1 MEGAPIXEL. I had my eye on a certain webcam called EZCAM PRO III at Tigerdirect.com. It’s only 30 bucks, and it has all the features and high resolution of any 60 dollar deals at Best Buy. If I had a high speed connection, my webcam would be on all the time. I was going to buy some Gamecube games at BestBuy and didn’t. The game I want most is Beyond Good and Evil for consoles, it looks like a AAA class game! I almost got Project Gotham Racing 2 for Xbox. I own Project Gotham and it was good, but I don’t play it very often. Although it is an unfair comparison, Project Gotham looks better then Gran Turismo 3.

I saw Gothic II at Gamestop too, and was going to get that, but I heard the battle system is weird and not as good as Neverwinter Nights. So I didn’t. I know Grand Thief Auto 3 is a great game, but I already have it for PS2 so I don’t need to re-buy it. Bob is going to copy Vampire the Masquerades for me. I take any copied game I can get. Except I think Bob has a virus on his PC so I hope it doesn't affect the copy. I also saw Half-life Value Package for 30 dollars which included Half-life, and 4 expansion packs including the very popular Counter Strike. I never played Counter Strike. Mike is going to download it of the Internet, and give me a copy. Half-life is Bobs all time favorite game.

When we got to my house, I was disappointed to hear that they had to leave right away. I was hoping that I could host a LAN party for an hour. He is going to a party on New Years and I was invited but I'll be around many people I don't know and they'll be drinking so I may just stay home.

Today I woke up at about 3:30AM and I’m working on Xenosaga Episode 1. This game is the prequel of Xenogears. Unlike Xenogears, Xenosaga is about the human race at war with the Gnosis, these aliens kill humans just by touching one. The year is set about 2450, and we have warp speed, mech warriors, and KOS-MOS, a super hybrid android capable of destroying Gnosis. So far I’m 4 hours in the game. It’s fun. Sometimes I feel that there isn’t enough gnosis around to fight: [No fighting, no leveling up, no experience, no damage.] I don’t know about most people. I like watching the games cut-scenes. On the case, it says that this game is an 80-hour adventure; I plan to beat it in under 60 hours. The game has over 2 hours of cut-scenes. We know that Namco is making 5 sequels, all dated centuries before Xenogears. We know that the technology is lost and human kind is thrown back 600 years of technical achievement. It’s weird in the game Xenogears when you get “ancient technology” in form of giant mech machines. Was this game inspired by Gundam Wing? I like futuristic sci-fi games. They are cool. Who agrees with me?

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Sweet Post,

I'll have to bookmark your site

I have a new site that focuses on Tech Reviews, RMA Reviews, and more.

You should check it out.

##Link## Reviews

Ciao,

Ravi

Anonymous said...

Sweet Post,

I'll have to bookmark your site

I have a new site that focuses on Tech Reviews, RMA Reviews, and more.

You should check it out.

##Link## Reviews

Ciao,

Ravi