Wednesday, October 11, 2000

Forza Motorsport 3 | 9.5

First, let's get this clear...I am not a die hard racing gamer. I don't have that much time. I wish I did but I don't. I have long said that the ideal game experience provided for two kinds of gamers. The game should provide that hard-earned sense of accomplishment for those fortunate to have the skills and time to earn their way to the top. More power to them. But hang on. I still spent $60 for this game and I should have a way to get access to all it offers too (or at least most of it). I want a game provides for both.

Sure, there needs to be a way to tell whether someone earned it or just switched it on. But don't force me to spend hour-after-hour trying to earn level after level. I don't have that much time to devote to a game. I know that some would say that if I don't have the time, I shouldn't buy the game. But I think there are many people like me so it should be a win-win.

This is why I like this game so much. It lets me enjoy the fun of just jumping in some really cool cars and taking laps around really cool tracks. It has assists that allow me to enjoy the limited time I have with the game to the max.

And for those that might not consider this, it puts this game in the reach of my son, who is developmentally disadvantaged. It allows us to enjoy it together.

Let's see - great car selection, great track, great flexibility in how to configure it to play - all add up to a great game.

No comments :