Tuesday, July 18, 2000

Mass Effect 2 PC review 9.5

I never played this game on XBOX 360 before so I read some reviews before I brought it. All the reviews I read stated this game was amazing. With that being said, I went into this game with high hopes....

You know how when you go into a movie with high hopes you often leave thinking, "Well that was kind of a letdown.. I thought you said it as AMAZING!" Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 actually met my high standards. I have been playing this game for 2 days straight and I can't get enough of it. It combines two of my favorite gaming genres: FPS (technically, it's third person) and RPG. If you love the Uncharted Series... I think you would love this game too.

PROS:

- Great Storyline (it's like you're watching a movie... there is character development)
- Beautiful graphics (The worlds you travel you are gorgeous... too bad the game is only in 720p and not 1080p resolution. But it's ok, it still looks great!)
- Customizable player (You can make the main character look just like you. Before you start the game, you get to customize the face of the main character)
- Upgradeable weapons, equipment, skills, teammates, etc.
- There are so much to do. Basically you aren't just going through a level... picking up ammo, collecting money, shooting everything that moves, everything is predetermined, etc., etc. You actually get to choose what to do and say. For example, when you are in a interacting with another character, there are multiple responses you can select. Saying one thing will give affect you one way and saying the other will affect you differently.

CONS:

- So far, there is really nothing I can think of.

As for glitches.... I had to restart on PS3 system only ONCE because during one of the loading windows the game got stuck. But after that... everything was fine. So far it hasn't happened again.

No comments :