Monday, November 22, 2004

Oldschool games + controllers




NES (4 Game Cartridges, 6 playable games)

History of Ownership:

I bought the NES and SNES at the same time in January 2004. Since then I’ve collected 6 NES games and 12 SNES games. I wanted a NES so I could play the original authentic Super Mario Bros on an authentic NES. The game was free with the console along with the 2 controllers. I believe I bought both Super Mario 2 and 3 and Mega Man for 12 dollars each. I played the NES a lot for about a month, and than stopped playing it. I am a graphics enthusiast. I won’t put 100 dollars into a system that has been died for 12 years! I realize that some people do – but it’s my money and I rather spend it on current generation videogame consoles. I hardly have any money to spend on anything.

SNES is a slightly different story. I bought a SNES in January along with Super Mario World. When I got home, I remember Super Mario World did not work. I thought it was the console, but I found out that it was because the cartridge has never been cleaned with a swab and pure alcohol. When I cleaned the cartridge a lot of dark stuff came off of the cartridge feed! I clean all my cartridges now. All of them should play like new. The most expensive game I bought for SNES has to be Super Mario RPG for 50 dollars. When the game was new in 1996 -- I hear it was 70 dollars. That is way too much for a game. It is that much because it’s pretty rare used like it is. Not as rare as Mega Man X2 or Mega Man X3, but just as rare as Final Fantasy 2 and Final Fantasy 3. I am happy I had a chance of owning Super Mario RPG. It’s considered to be one of the best games and a 10 in the graphics department. SMRPG uses a decompression chip inside the cartridge called the SG-1 which decompresses data inside the cartridge amongst other things. It is said to be a cut-down version of the SNES main CPU which explains why it was more than average SNES games at the time. I knew exactly how it played because I collect Super NES ROMs and that game happened to be one I tested out with an emulator. I must have spent 200 dollars on SNES games. I don’t believe I’ll add any more. It’s a fine system, but I want games for other consoles too. Plus, wouldn’t you agree that 12 games is a healthy amount?

Sega Genesis I got 2 months ago for 40 dollars and I got Sonic 2 for free. Toyriffic had so many copies of Sonic and Sonic 2 that they just give them to new owners. It’s rarer for someone to buy a used old school console like Genesis at their store so they have a hard time selling them. Ironically, Game Stop had clear its inventory of Genesis games because they couldn’t make them sell. I bought a Genesis so I could play Contra Hard Corps on an authentic Genesis. It was fun but now it’s in a box. One thing that Toyriffic have done which didn’t cost me anything is they’ve cleaned the console feed and the console itself. When I got a Nintendo, Super Nintendo and Genesis – the console feeds were really clean from the start. Luckily, I got mine in good condition.

Total money spent on SNES : $250
Total money spent on SNES $70
Total money spent on Genesis $100

I almost thought twice about owning a Sega Genesis. The reason is I would have to buy games for it. I only spent 100 dollars total both on Genesis hardware and software. And if you’re thinking why don’t I spend money on a Sega Master’s System. My answer to you would be “No way Man!”

Nintendo Entertainment System

platform 3
shooting 1
action 1
sports 1
retro 6

1a.) Super Mario Bros.
1b.) Duck Hunt
1c.) Track and Field
2.) Super Mario Bros. 2
3.) Super Mario Bros. 3
4.) Mega Man 2

SNES (12 game cartridges /w 14 Playable games)

platform 8
shooters 3
racing 1
RPG 3
retro 15

1.) Super Mario World
2a.) Super Mario Bros. (Super Mario All Stars)
2b.) Super Mario Bros 2 (SMAS)
2c.) Super Mario Bros 3 (SMAS)
2d.) Super Mario Bros The Lost Worlds (SMAS exclusive)
3.) Super Mario Kart
4.) Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past
5.) Secret of Mana
6.) Donkey Kong Country
7.) Super Mario World 2 : Yoshi's Island
8.) Star Fox
9.) Super Metroid
10.) Donkey Kong Country 3
11.) Contra III - Alien Wars
12.) Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars

Sega Genesis (2 cartridges)

platform 1
shooter 1

1.) Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2.) Contra Hard Corps

9 comments :

opportunities said...

Hi there! I have found your blog finally! I have some great news for you to see at internet richness and it is really cool!
Check it out whenever you want ;-)

earn lots said...

Do I have good Blog news for you! Now that I have bookmarked you can go to
get rewarded and see how I can help you to earn a lot more than average! It is rewarding;-)

spyware said...

Hi Ian's Smashing Good Blog Site, I read your post which I find interesting and very informative! I was also looking for related info which I found
Some at games
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

cash said...

Hello, you have made yourself a great blog! I'm immediately going to bookmark you!
I have good news at wealthy people for you to see. It is showing you a whole lot! You are invited to check it out if you get time :-)

internet richness said...

Do I have good Blog news for you! Now that I have bookmarked you can go to
out of debt and see how I can help you to earn a lot more than average! It is rewarding;-)

be wealthy said...

Do I have good Blog news for you! Now that I have bookmarked you can go to
make your spouse happy and see how I can help you to earn a lot more than average! It is rewarding;-)

billionaire said...

Make money! Get all the tools and become a huge success!!! QUARANTEED!!

internet richness
THIS IS THE REAL THING!!

Now that I have bookmarked you can go to
internet richness and see how I can help you to earn a lot more than average! It is rewarding;-) please do read on…

We all want to be financially secure. Who doesn't? Unfortunately, many people are not doing anything to improve their financial status in life.
They spend most of their time working as an employee, using whatever's left of their free time in doing non-productive stuffs such as watching TV, shopping, or worse, doing nothing.
What a complete waste of time! Then they complain and whine on how life can be so cruel to them.
"If You Could Use Whatever Spare Time You Have In Learning How to Be Financially Free, You Could Soon Live the Life of Your Dreams!"
For this purpose, we have created an eye-opening table of contents and see how
The Business Professional will help improve your business!!
read on at: internet richness

Guaranteed!!
We will show you quick and smart techniques to become wealthy in no time at all.
The Business Professional will definitely help improve your online profits!
Turn your online business into a driving force on the web. The ball is in your court.
If you like then have a look at internet richness cause I want to help making you big profits and real cash!


I hope to see you on the inside.

Sincerely,

Jay Kay


PS. The $1 access pass only applies to the first 250 new members. You've got to hurry if you want to claim your deposit. You just cannot afford to miss it!!!

Just go to:internet richness
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So...if you really want to become successful then take action and:
Make your easy! living online. Find out how! Over 100+ Useful Resources That If Utilized Could Easily Be Worth Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars To You!!
Grab yourself a $1 access pass. If you're fast enough to be one of the first 250 new members at: The Business Professional, you bag a limited $1 new member access pass.
Grab your access pass here: internet richness

http://www.profitsupernet.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

This How To guide is brought to you by Jay Kay, from The Business Professional.
Get the net working for you.
Join a community of like-minded entrepreneurs and make your living online.
Become a member of The Business Professional network and look at:
internet richness
http://www.profitsupernet.com
--------------------------------------------------------------

PS. The $1 access pass only applies to the first 250 new members. You've got to hurry if you want to claim your deposit. You just cannot afford to miss it!!!

http://www.profitsupernet.com

earn lots said...

Hello, you have made yourself a great blog! I'm immediately going to bookmark you!
I have good news at become a huge success for you to see. It is showing you a whole lot! You are invited to check it out if you get time :-)

Marketing said...

Make money! Get all the tools and become a huge success!!! QUARANTEED!!

make cash
THIS IS THE REAL THING!!

Now that I have bookmarked you can go to
make cash and see how I can help you to earn a lot more than average! It is rewarding;-) please do read on…

We all want to be financially secure. Who doesn't? Unfortunately, many people are not doing anything to improve their financial status in life.
They spend most of their time working as an employee, using whatever's left of their free time in doing non-productive stuffs such as watching TV, shopping, or worse, doing nothing.
What a complete waste of time! Then they complain and whine on how life can be so cruel to them.
"If You Could Use Whatever Spare Time You Have In Learning How to Be Financially Free, You Could Soon Live the Life of Your Dreams!"
For this purpose, we have created an eye-opening table of contents and see how
The Business Professional will help improve your business!!
read on at: make cash

Guaranteed!!
We will show you quick and smart techniques to become wealthy in no time at all.
The Business Professional will definitely help improve your online profits!
Turn your online business into a driving force on the web. The ball is in your court.
If you like then have a look at make cash cause I want to help making you big profits and real cash!


I hope to see you on the inside.

Sincerely,

Jay Kay


PS. The $1 access pass only applies to the first 250 new members. You've got to hurry if you want to claim your deposit. You just cannot afford to miss it!!!

Just go to:make cash
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So...if you really want to become successful then take action and:
Make your easy! living online. Find out how! Over 100+ Useful Resources That If Utilized Could Easily Be Worth Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars To You!!
Grab yourself a $1 access pass. If you're fast enough to be one of the first 250 new members at: The Business Professional, you bag a limited $1 new member access pass.
Grab your access pass here: make cash

http://www.profitsupernet.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

This How To guide is brought to you by Jay Kay, from The Business Professional.
Get the net working for you.
Join a community of like-minded entrepreneurs and make your living online.
Become a member of The Business Professional network and look at:
make cash
http://www.profitsupernet.com
--------------------------------------------------------------

PS. The $1 access pass only applies to the first 250 new members. You've got to hurry if you want to claim your deposit. You just cannot afford to miss it!!!

http://www.profitsupernet.com