Sunday, November 21, 2004

I.Q.B. ver. 2.0.8 update | More VG Pictures!

My latest compiled html of Ian's Quintessential Blog is online. In this version, I made a new logo featuring Link and that girl from Final Fantasy 12 which I also had in Renegade Viking's Webpage 7.0. I fixed some color links. In 2.0.9 I will make small pings and force the fonts to get bigger. I can make them small enough where each png linking to a hyperlink is only 0.5 KB. That should be small enough for fast loading.


Ian's Quintessential Blog 2.0.8

Full list of features History.txt

- new logo (featuring Dark Link and that hot chick from Final Fantasy 12)
- better quality information graphics
- changed text on right side to blue instead of green



Updated Videogame collection post to 1.16!

Click Here

To see some updated pictures of my personal collection copy and Paste these URLs into your browser's address bar! I have added all my PC boxes and Gameboy Advance games.

http://www.angelfire.com/blog2/renegadeviking/gbacollection.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/blog2/renegadeviking/pccollection1.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/blog2/renegadeviking/pccollection2.jpg

The past week I’ve been scanning Catharton boards for a good conversation. There are others like me who just want to talk about videogames and videogame systems. It’s great because they don’t exclude anyone. The Administrator talks to me a lot and I wonder if this is his primary hobby. I have 80 posts on there and he has 18,500 posts. There is a slight difference there. He’s very educated about videogame culture. I learned he lives in Britain. He told me I had a brilliant avatar. He really is determined to promote his message board to other gamers around the world.

Few Internet updates are as follows.

1. I did update my videogame post. The number has now reached 340 games.
2. I.Q.B has now reached version 2.0.8. I changed the logo again. Updated some links. I took snap shots of my PC and GBA videogames. Plus after I come back from the game store – take a picture of some PS2/Xbox games as well. It’s been a month already.
3. added a few more “Gaming Links” to this blog, the newest is Catharton

I’ve been playing Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time on Friday night into Saturday morning. I think I’m into chapter 2. There are about 6 chapters in the game. It’s fun to cheat via Action Replay, but cheating takes the fun out of spending 1 minute on every battle. With the level enhancing cheat – I can whoop ass in 25 seconds. I repeatedly hit the X button and the circle button to attack. The bonuses I get from the game add to my character’s damage.

Metriod Prime 2 Echoesis out and I plan to get it. My point is from owners prospective – Metriod Prime 2 Echoes reached the same score as Legend of Zelda the Wind Waker. Games just can not buy friends. Friends do not show up at my doorstep. My friend went deer hunting today. Humph. No fun at-tal. The story is about continues exactly after the first one finished. Samus is put into a planet with two alternate dimensions. The world is caught into a struggle between good and evil. At this point – the evil side is winning. The alternate dimension is where you get obtain weapons that do damage to evil characters in the good dimension. It looks great – I am going to get it.

I read Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater for the first time and realized that it beat Metroid Prime 2 by one stinking point! However, MGS3 uses the PS2’s hardware to the limit while Metroid Prime 2 only got 9/10 in the visual department. I am hoping that the 9.0 of Metroid Prime two years ago isn’t the same quality as Metroid Prime 2. The site did say that Metriod Prime 2 has better texturing than Metroid Prime which is a big deal because no game can match the prequel’s quality of textures. It sounds cool because it has multiplayer in it. Maybe if Nintendo asks real nice – Konami will port Metal Gear Solid 3 to Gamecube. They’ve got Konami to port MGS and MGS2 to Gamecube didn’t they? That would be beeping awesome if they had. I already know Konami is in the works of a PC version. MGS2 was strange because it came too all platforms including PC and MAC.

Though I am more a Samus fan than a Solid Snake fan so it’d be easy for me to spend my dollars on a Samus game. I swear – why do all the highly anticipated games come out within 1 week of each other? I don’t know – it beats the hell outta me. I only got done with half way through Half-life 2. I haven’t opened Halo 2 yet.

Here is how IGN.com scores the games from greatest to least:

GTA San Andreas – 9.9 out of 10 [status: bought]
Half-life 2 - 9.7 out of 10 [status: bought]
Halo 2 - 9.7 out of 10 [status: bought]
Metal Gear Solid 3 - 9.6 out of 10 [status: anticipation high]
Metroid Prime 2 - 9.5 out of 10 [status: anticipation high]

This is Ian signing out.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey Ian's Smashing Good Blog Site, I couldn't agree with your post (best.) more. Check out my site: deer hunting games online