Friday, May 07, 2004

Made Thinwire from scratch

Today I made thinwire from scratch, it was hard but once I got the hang of it, it was easy. I'll get to that later. Right now I'm going to talk about today and yesterday. This is perfect for getting my mind off things. There was this kid at school and he said our school isn’t going to be on Microsoft anymore and will change to Linux because it’s open source. They will save like 100+ dollars per computer with unlimited updates. He said that! I didn’t say anything. He said it so cheerfully too. I should of told him, “Man, you have no idea what goes on in this place because haven’t you heard that network technicians work with both Linux and Windows. You think you’re pretty cool saying that, don’t you? There are plenty of people who used Linux around here and they don’t care which OS they use. You moron!” Instead, I didn’t say anything to him and walked away. Besides I didn’t want him to get all mad if I told him that Linux was common knowledge around here. I suppose it means he isn’t dumb! I wish that there was an incredible looking blond who wasn’t bother by speaking technical. In fact today there was, and I wanted to talk to her. I said, "Whoa, you’re a looker, can we talk!?!" No response. I tell you women these days don’t know when someone likes them. It’s not cool to ignore someone!

In other news, I re-uploaded America’s Army at school and it worked. I made copies and no one at school wanted them. I was trying to make friends. I’m sad now! What pisses me off is why thin wire (RG-28 shielded coaxial cable) is so damn difficult to put together. Everyone else got it done, but I. First, I had to remember what ¼ inches was! Then I had to use the wire splitter, and do it over and over until I got it, finally! I had to keep cutting the wire when I made a mistake. That was two many to count.

Yesterday was a better day cause I downloaded 50 new maps (220 MB) for Unreal Tournament 2004. I didn’t know they had them out yet. I got the official Onslaught map pack from Epic Games. I also got this game unity for UT 2004 that reads zip files, and extracts everything to their proper locations. I think I’m going to extract most of them and play tonight. My skill level at Unreal Tournament is to my guess average. I’m doing on average of 10 frags to every frag to myself on skilled level. Today was kind of fun. I downloaded a couple more UT2004 maps and downloaded some new Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind mods. I believe the last time I did this was five months ago. I have no clue if they work or not. And I don’t play them much at all.

I’ve also been doing research on what computer hardware would do the most for my 100 dollars. I was thinking of getting a MP3 player. Tigerdirect.com sells a 10 GB hard drive based one for 100 dollars. A CD based MP3 player will only cost me 30 dollars. Hmm I wonder if I already have an Apple iPOD if I really need another one. Then I was wondering about upgrading memory. I have 768 MB of RAM in the computer I want to upgrade. For gaming purposes – I need faster RAM than what I use now. I should be able to have a better frame rate than I do now. Yep! Yep! Yep! So I don’t think I’m getting an Mp3 player that doubles as a hard drive or memory. I think a Fantom Premier 80GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive is the better choice. It doesn’t run on batteries and I can listen to my MP3 collection with any PC with speakers. Cool? I think so! And it would do the same thing as a MP3 player that only has 1/8 the hard drive space! When I get enough hard drives, I can just buy external cases for them and take them on the go. Such as I have a 60GB hard drive collecting dust at home, and for 20 bucks, I can put it to use again.

Something’s a little scary, I’m starting to like Rommstine, the “Metallica of Germany” band. I keep the songs on my MP3 player along with 15 other heavy metal bands. I don’t listen to Rommstine, Metallica, Black Sabbath or other forms of music as much as I do trance.

I’m doing a hybrid of version 4.0 on my site. Though I wonder if I should use NukePHP? It was like Movable Type, I can’t figure out how to add information to them. I know for group purposes it’s much better than HTML, but I don’t need login names for my webpage or comment stuff. I operate a small reviewing site, I don’t need state-of-the-art template code. Modblog is a perfect example of someone who’s doing this. iMike and DentesenGT made this site (modblog.com and deskmod.com), I don’t know if they just stole code off other websites or if they found some advanced NUKEPHP script off a underground server! Maybe Modblog is an enhanced Moveable type site? Though I don’t know if that is stealing because moveable type is an open source blog-friendly template. Maybe in the future, I will learn how to do moveable type. It would be nice if I could extract all the files in the moveable type zip file and it would automatically set itself up for me on the geocities server if it even supports php. How does iMike find errors in the source code for Modblog? Does he get emails constantly? On his blog, he tells us that his inbox gets full every 10 minutes with hate mail / suggestions.

I have a question for iMike…I wanna know how the zip blog backup system works? Does this site have some kind of gzip intergraded into it?

No comments :