Friday, December 23, 2005

Da Geforce 7800 GTX is in the specs of next PC! | playing Lunar Silver Star Story | really bored this week

I asked for an Xbox 360 for Xmas, but I could have a PC instead. If I opened an Xbox 360, that would help my financial situation (I’m planning to buy it at first chance anyways). I want Condemned: Criminal Origins (horror survival game) soon after. I asked a XFX Geforce 7800 GTX or BFG Geforce 7800 GTX (which are clocked at 450 MHz with 256 MB GDDR3) Really frickin good graphics! Better than what a Radeon 9800 XT can muster (I learned that the latest video driver from ATI improves FPS count by 10 - 20 FPS since I bought it). The tested games I did was Guild Wars (45 – 59 FPS at 1600x1200 2x anti-analyzing) & UT2004 (35 – 50 FPS at 1600x1200 2x anti-analyzing with all the GFX settings very high quality). I expect a 30 – 40 FPS increase in my games if I got a next generation Geforce 7800 GTX. PC Games don’t take advantage of the next generation Geforce 7800 GTX 512 (512 MB GDDR3 at 1.7 MHz, core clock speed: 513 MHz) therefore so expensive it’s not worth the extra doe. With Geforce 7800 GTX 512 it is completely possible to play/run Quake 4 at the highest resolution with the ultra settings with 6x anti analyzing, with Geforce 7800 GTX, you’ll experience the same game at everything a level lower at 7800 GTX with 4x anti analyzing with the same results. The difference is $150 spent on the card. Now the sweet thing about this is if your motherboard has two PCI-Expresses. Two Geforce 7800 GTXs running parallel would outperform a single Geforce 7800 GTX 512! Realistically the best video card in my parents’ budget is the $250 Geforce 7800 GT. I just hope I don’t get a Radeon X800 XT instead because that would lower my frame rate in game!

Moving right along. I’ve been playing Lunar – Silver Star Story (16-bit era Role playing game for Sega CD) on the PSX so I got as far as the Tempest Boss after Myight’s Tower on Disc 1. I didn’t die, Alex would keep attacking the enemy indefinitely with his sword (must be some kind of PS2 glitch). RESET! I might as well play Half-life 2 (the greatest PC game to some gamers) for Xbox instead. This game looks better than Phantasy Star 4 (technically used same hardware as Sega Genesis). To think I almost bought a Multi-Mega for $90 cos it is very rare was stupid thinking on my part and I am glad I forgot about it. Nobody wants it when there weren’t any killer apps for it!

The Blu-Ray forum sayz consumer Blu-Ray IDE drives are coming out November – December 2006 along with BDR (24.4 GB burnable) 25 pack spindles on the shelves of major retailers! It’d be interesting if DVD will be enough space for videogames near the end of Xbox 360 and Revolution’s lifespan! I have doubts about PS3 using 25 GB for videogames thou. PS3 does 1.8 Teraflops while Xbox 360 does 1 teraflop with CPU and GPU combined.

Tomorrow, AMC is airing “Christmas with the Duke” showing 24 of his shows back by back beginning at 5 AM for 2 days. Is anyone going to watch it? I plan on watching 5 movies including Flying Tigers, Sands of Iwo Jima, Hellfighters, True Grit, Rio Grande, The Comancheros, and Hellfighters. It's old so i might watch half-way and go play somethin'

No comments :