Monday, January 23, 2006

Just two more days till I own four computers!

I am/was an ATI graphics user for the last 2 ½ years supporting Radeon 9250 and Radeon 9800 XT videocards for PC gaming purposes (ie: UT2004, UT2003, Neverwinter Nights, Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Siege 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Doom3, Half-life 2, Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind, F.E.A.R., The Sims 2). I was not kind to my Radeon 9800 XT by overclocking it, running settings at highest possible resolutions and it never failed on me (just error popup infected ATI drivers released after September 2005 :-). Then I find that Geforce 7 series has better frame rates and edge over Radeon X1800 series at the moment in demanding PC games. BFGTech, a licensed Nvidia manufacture is my choice for future graphics needs. On Tigerdirect, the Radeon X1800 XT 512 is getting 4% performance over a XFX Geforce 7800 GTX. Nvidia Geforce 7 is known for it’s superior Doom 3, F.E.A.R. frame rates averaging around 80 fps at 1280x960 and 60 fps is considered fluid to the retina. The Geforce 7800 GTX succeeds Athlon 64 with 260 million transistors vs. 233.2 million transistors. It’s clearly one of the most advanced GPUs to date. ATI on the other hand got superior frames on Far Cry. Looks like 3:1 ratio to me. Yes-sir-ee-bob! I mean both cards can play these PC games at 1600x1200, but anti-analyzing affects both cards so it must be off. Truth is games don’t have to be at 1600x1200 on a 19” to look great. It can easily look just as good at 1248x1024 with 4x anti-analyzing. Better then what I have now. I don’t have money for two Geforce 7800 GTXs and I am planning to gamble on an Xbox 360 in stock at Best Buy tomorrow. Geforce 7800 GTX OC is l337 at the moment!

My SysteMax Hellcat is delayed due to Tigerdirect’s contract with some 3rd party semi trucking company. Dad and I have complained earlier about this, but truth it’s been shipped and no GPS tracking like before. Arrrrg! Tigerdirect.com is located in Florida and I am living in the “middle of the Middle Midwest”. But on the positive side of things this PC will have a single 250 GB HDD plus an external 120 GB Fantom Drive giving me plenty of space at the moment! Basically anything not using 100% bandwidth of an IDE cable is not on my IDE hard drive such as DivX movies and MP3 collection. Right now I have 120 GB + 120 GB to my exposal. Whoa snazzy!

Sometimes my CPU load averages 80 – 90% continuously starting at random times. I get BSoDs occasionally too. I can’t explain it well except a Trojan horse might trigger it. I am positive WinXP Service Pack 1 is more prone to viruses than Service Pack 2. I shall download the update because better late than never!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Your site is looking Pretty good. I like it.

I have a new site that focuses on Tech Reviews, RMA Reviews, and more.

You should check it out.

##Link## Reviews

Ciao,

Ravi