Thursday, January 11, 2001

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (1995– )

Ell, I pre-ordered this item and just got it on the 10th. Disc 1 is very engaging, it's a good series, different from the rest of the gundam's animation, which could be con
sidered good or bad for some people who are harsh on animation. Fight scenes are good. Time has allowed more action sequences seen, unlike gundam wing and those before it where it's the same like beam saber slash, sandrock slashing through two leos, etc. Pretty good so far on the character development. English voices are very good, bandai imo does an excellent job staying close to the actual translation. I found Lacus's english voice to be annoying compared to the japanese voice, and the songs she sings in english arent the same lyrics, even though it doesn't show her lip movement singing them. So, hmm, wtf. The other characters are great, so it's unfortunate that I have to switch back just to hear lacus in japanese at times lol.

There are glitches on the discs so I'd recommend not buying it until they issue fixed discs. Episodes 9, 10, 14, 24, 25 all experienced lock up/freeze problems. My laptop dvd player wouldn't even play disc 2, my desktop did though and only locked up on the episodes that were bugged. Check bandai's website to see when they issue the new ones and then pick it up imo. It's a good price for the first half of the series.

If you did buy this already and experience the same problems I did, call bandai and they will send you an email with the info on how to return the dvds and address. cost me $3.45 for like 3 seed discs and 3 gundam wing discs i had problems with. should take about a week and a half to get the new ones back to me

No comments :