Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I miss playing Guild Wars

You have to download gigabytes of patches on guild wars factions. I’d do it, but then I have that low ping to worry about. I get my all my monsters destroyed by someone else. I used it to talk to random people from all over the world. The game was better than World of Warcraft. Guild Wars was my 4th and latest foray into MMORPGs behind Diablo (1999), Diablo 2 (2000 – 2004) and Neverwinter Nights (2002-2003). I truly missed was GW’s ability to travel instantly to any unlocked town on the map – this made it very easy to gather up guildies for a run at a particular mission. With 2 continents and long flight times (which can be costly), this becomes considerably more difficult in WoW.

PRO:
Skill sets are balanced for each class combo
Great team PVP matches
Excellent graphics. Don’t need an ultra-powerful card to run the game at high graphics settings
Most items do not cost alot
No monthly fee
Max armor/weapons items are easily obtained
Certain Max rare items easily obtainable (green items)
“Expansion” games can be bought/used as standalone or merged to an existing account.
You can play “single” player with henchmen or join/form a group.
Very challenging missions at high level

CONS:
Rare items sold by players to merchants can’t be bought back by anyone.
Level cap is 20 (could be PRO)
People in towns selling rare items at overinflated prices
Character’s mouths don’t move in cutscenes.
Henchmen sometimes do stupid stuff.

. You buy Guild Wars to instantly partake of action, to skip the running from city to city. To play a game, not live a life. Now, let’s take a deeper look at WoW. It is meant to be a place to live. It’s an alternate world for you to exist in and live an entire alternate life. What little Guild Wars doesn’t have, you save $1000s of dollars on Guild Wars.

I was playing all the offline games to care at all!