Sunday, December 03, 2000

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion review

I don't have the time to sit down and write a multi-paragraph review, but I'll state my opinions as briefly as possible. There is no such thing as a series for everyone, but if action, comedy, drama, and a deep plot with many twists and turns sound good to you, you're sure to be one of the many people who love this series. I've seen the whole thing and will attest to the fact that this is the beginning of excellence. To anyone who has seen or read Death Note, this is essentially a combination of that, and a very well done mecha. As for the actual box itself, the dvds include the first 9 episodes of the series, there is the first of two soundtracks to the series (Excellent music also, by the way), the first drama CD, 3 informational books and an art book, not to mention the box itself, which is absolutely stunning. All of this together is an amazing deal, and I highly recommend picking one up. To anyone who does not know what a drama CD is, it is essentially extra back or side stories for the characters told through audio-only, like a radio broadcast of sorts, this adds even mroe depth to the series than already exists, and I love listening to it over and over. As I said earlier, there is no such thing as a series for everyone, but as far as I can tell, this one comes REALLY close, as nobody I've shown it to has disliked it. Happy Watching! :)

No comments :