Saturday, December 09, 2000

Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers review

I'll admit, when I first started watching this movie I was a little put aback. I knew it was a "re-imagining" of the entire series, but it still threw me for a loop. Even with that said, I still enjoyed the movie. I didn't compare it to the series in artwork or storyline, I didn't expect them to re-imagine the wheel or anything. Some of the characters became unrecognizable, but I think that was also some of the fun. They took time to mention ALMOST everyone from the series(I missed you Lady Sakuya). All in all, yes I'd much rather watch the series, but the movie tried to manage to re engineer the whole series in the span of hours where the anime had fifty episodes to do as it pleased.

4/5

No comments :