Sunday, December 31, 2006

Suse 10.2 loaded

Photobucket
KDE 3.5.5 again

Photobucket
Gnome 2.6.0 again

replaced all my OpenSuse 10.2 Alpha 5 /w OpenSuse 10.2. Have yet to install nVidia driver on the Systemax Hellcat, because it's running a very new GPU. I am still having problems why sound and WiFi worked in Suse 10.0 and not in Suse 10.2? Mystery.

I still plan to use Windows XP until mid next year. There really isn't any point in running the glitchy WinVista until Service Pack 1. You may of guested it, but I am not using Suse at the moment of writing this. I wanted the pretty desktops so that's why I downloaded 7.27 GiB yesterday so i can be more like the Europeans (Suse is German) who hate Windows. European Union fined Microsoft once because Windows Media Player came with WMA/WMV encoders & decoders. It's unfair, but WMA and WMV are monopolies in a sence otherwise Blu-ray and HD-DVD wouldn't have VC-1 (WMV9 Pro) or WMA in portable mp3 players and car stereo decks.

No comments :