Sunday, August 07, 2005

Trees cause delay!

Yesterday, I was playing ESPN NHL 2K5, Legend of Zelda Collector’s Disc and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes. In NHL 2K5 I was playing the ‘81 North Stars against the MN Wild or more accurately a dream match. There was no Mets Hockey Arena so I played in the Excel Energy Center. I also played the Russians vs. Wild in E.E.C. I lost because the Wild defenders kept blocking my shot. Afterwards, I played Legend of Zelda (NES) on Gamecube, died early in the game twice, ejected the disc and then played Metroid Prime 2 for over 2 hours. I forgot that Metroid Prime 2 was this much fun. Retro Studios is full of talent. I got to the part of the game where Samus finds the intergalactic marines’ transport spaceship although advancing was impossible since I didn’t scan enough stuff with her heads up display visor.

On July 30th, I requested Breath of Fire IV to come to the local store so I could buy it. Problem is I can and can not afford it at the same time. It’s a matter of choosing to pay for another PS1 game. I am looking forward purchasing Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete. I much rather pay $50 for that game than Breath of Fire IV except I won’t see BoFIV at the game store cause it’s very popular. First rate pick in fact. I’ve had found out Lunar 2 was better than Lunar. Lunar 2 was remade by Game Arts. Lunar was made by Kadokawa Shoten.

Thursday, I didn’t get my broadband due to trees blocking the Wild Blue satellite’s 30° transmission and would be lost above 34°. Dad fired up the chainsaw today and removed three trees and will allow St. Croix Tree Service to remove the remaining trees. I suspect it will be 1 ½ week delay before broadband. I’ve installed the new WiFi PCI cards and drivers Thursday, but the router detection software requires a modem connected to the router via patch cable. Delays! Delays! Delays!

Randy wouldn’t answer his phone today. I downloaded 260 MB of DJ Sasha and Paul Oakenford mp3s over Kazaa so my day wasn’t completely wasted.

That’s all folks.