Tuesday, June 07, 2005

PSP emus don't work | Met Bob again and bought games

I’ve found out that there are several console emulators out for Japan’s Playstation Portable including ones that emulate NES, SNES, NeoGeo, Masters System, Genesis, and such. Problem is not one is compatible with the US version of PSP. You can tell in System Settings by looking at the BIOS version. Japan’s BIOS is v1.0 while North America’s BIOS is v1.5 and European version doesn’t exist as of yet. The emulator is extracted into the PSP/GAME folder on the memory stick duo.

Emulators for PSP

1. Nester J (NES) for BIOS v1.0
2. RIN (Gameboy Color) for BIOS v1.0
3. N.G.P. (Neo Geo Color) for BIOS v1.0
4. Master System Emu (Sega Masters) for BIOS v1.0
5. SNES9x (Super Nintendo) for BIOS v1.0

Meanwhile, I was drooling over new screenshots of Quake 4 and Gears of War on Xbox 360 & possibly my next console. The team (Raven Software) responsible for Quake 4 is from Madison, Wisconsin! Gears of War may be the top seller for Xbox 360 in November, because it looks great. Quake 4 is another launch title. According to ID Software’s interview with IGN, Quake 4 will be noticeably scarier and harder than Doom 3. In Doom 3, I am tripping all the booby traps hidden in darkness.



Today, I was hanging out with my former best friend Bob. We’re planned ahead via MSN Messenger where to meet and what to do. When he drove to my house, I’ve shown him my warrior monk in Guild Wars than we headed to his friend’s house who wasn’t there so Bob and I proceeded to Game Stop in Woodbury, Minnesota. After 20 minutes of browsing their selection I’ve picked Unreal Championship 2, because I like first person shooters as an alternative to RPGs. Bob likes The Perfect Circle so that’s what I listened to. The Perfect Circle is a democratic band. I’ll need to be at Game Stop on June 28th to buy Atelier Iris ~Eternal Mana~ anyways. While pondering on my limited choices I’ve noticed Oddworld: Stranger which is developed by Oddworld Inhabitants, but I wasn’t interested. An hour later we walked into the game store in Hudson, WI where I’ve had bought Lunar - The Silver Star Story Complete for $70 which is rare. Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue wasn’t in. The Lunar series is a romantic role playing game originally for Sega CD by Game Arts. If I’ve got ripped off than so be it!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Games to add to list shall be:

• Lunar - The Silver Star Story Complete (©1999 Kadokawa Shoten)
• Unreal Championship 2 – The Liandai Conflict (©2004 Epic Games)
• Deus Ex 2: The Invisible War (©2003 Ion Storm)
• Sly 2 – Band of Thieves (©2004 Sucker Punch)

Night.

No comments :