Sunday, October 17, 2004

FFVII Dirge of Ceberus | Square's new PC MMORPG

One of the reasons I haven’t posted in 5 days was study time at home. I have 3 tests to study for – 2 are retakes so I can either not do well or do well. Friday I was playing Star Ocean 3 all day. It’s Square-Enix’s newest game. I’m at the beginning of the 3rd chapter. I have a review up at IQB. I find it interesting to see Square-Enix developing another RPG for PC and it’s called Final Earth. Final Earth looks like a space saga that’s online and is going to be another Freelancer. The only question about it is if I have to pay to play. Even then, I’ll buy it because than I can say I have it. They are also making a PC game called Junk Metal .

Speaking on Square-Enix, they are apparently developing a Final Fantasy 7 action game. You mix Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy 7 to get a game called Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII . Officially the first Final Fantasy to not be a RPG is amazing in itself. Does Square-Enix even know how to make a good action game? Maybe, but it’ll require additional help. What would be cool is if Dante guest-starred in it. It’s just that Final Fantasy characters starred in Kingdom Hearts . I admit it was cool, but Cloud Strife as nothing to do with Squall Lionheart much less Disney characters. It’s propaganda at it’s best. And why was Cloud Strife working for the lord of the underworld, Hades? What’s next? Mario an unlockable character in the next installment of Metal Gear Solid? I got something totally wacky which might be true someday: Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles, Tails, Mario, Luigi, Browser and Dr. Robotnic in the same game! Perhaps Super Smash Bros 3 - The ultimate SEGA/Nintendo videogame!!! Wait, I got another one…. Capcom vs. Nintendo exclusive for Gamecube. If you don’t know what I’m talking about – think “Marvel vs. Capcom” and you’ll see what I mean.




Okay, impressions of Dirge of Cerberes. Where to start? The character animation is a rip off of Devil May Cry for one thing. I can’t remember but I think the main character was a bad guy in Final Fantasy VII. This spin off is going to be a disaster - I just know it. They have the ability to push out maximum polygons rates out of the PS2, but they don’t have experience making any kind of action/shooting games.

I found out the Half-life 2 release date is on my birthday! Half-life 2 is coming in a special DVD edition. Half-life 2 is such a highly anticipated game that everyone is getting this game (It’ll be the next best selling computer game of all time) Only 13 more days!

Concerning my writing style for those who view this as making little sense. I write 90 percent of the time according to what I view off the web browser in chronological order. So since I read a lot of material off game message boards (not writing in them) on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, I usually have a discussion on videogames because there is no other way to express how I set in front of a computer monitor all day except just that – sit in a chair and read material. I don’t care what other people think – but this is fun too me. I am finding it difficult to talk about games to people. See, where I live, people I know are PC gamers and I’m a console gamer primarily who so happens to have a pretty awesome PC too. A good example of this is Thursday at WITC. The class was going on a field trip 20 miles away in Osceola, Wisconsin. The field trip was going to be pretty cool, but I didn’t make it. It so happens that there was a guy playing Unreal Tournament. Someone else asked what this game is, and I say, “It’s Unreal Tournament!” This wouldn’t be so out of case other than I was absolutely right. Apparently the person playing I was undecided if I liked or not. I couldn’t keep my eyes away from the monitor. I don’t know his name, but he was playing the hardest setting on UT. This plain and simple states he out-performs me in his ability to kill bots. I tried not to ask to play. I knew what the answer was from the expression on his face, “NO!” Plus, I could always play UT2004 when I got home plain and simple. UT2004 is an awesome game *you can quote me on that*. So the words that came out of my mouth is, “I have this game at home” This states two things: I know exactly how the game is played because I obviously played it myself and #2 I know exactly what he meant by the “graphics are beautiful” because they were beautiful in 1999. Both those things are true. I always wanted to be in a local area network party like the Xbox LAN party I went to 2 weeks ago. Did you know that Xbox can interface with one cross-over cable with another Xbox or bus topology? It’s a lot faster than using a 10/100 Base T hub. I didn’t know that. Going there was a bummer. I knew no one there and yes, they were playing Halo with 2 networked Xboxes on two TVs. I managed to kill someone twice, but than the game was over and they didn’t want me to play again. I was also scared away from the fact that I wasn’t any good at the game. I shall not get into this.

On too real life stuff - Yesterday, I was really happy that I didn’t throw away my 120 dollar sound card away when the sound stopped working. Windows did something to the sound driver last installation. Now it works no problem. The sound card is a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Pro. It has 24 channels of digital audio. I can hear an instant sound boost over my last sound card.

Bob and I haven’t seen each other for a while. Bob is one of my closest friends. He likes heavy metal. Last time Bob and I met, I went over to his apartment and played a lot of games. The gang was playing Madden Football 2001. I watched and when I played, I was easily overmatched. He said he got a new AMD Seperion 2.0 GHz Processor with motherboard and RAM. It’s faster than his old Athlon that gave him problems. I feel bad about the fact that he won’t invest into a new hard drive. 20GBs isn’t enough to store half of everything he wants. It’s just enough for his OS and MP3 collection with a little left over for miscellaneous. He still will not answer his phone.

No comments :