Friday, September 15, 2000

Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht | 8.5

I'm an avid FF fan, and tend to be pretty biased when it comes to RPG's. Xenosaga is the first RPG that I have ever found to be MORE exciting and intensive than the FF games. I couldn't put it down. I loved the battle system, even though it was complex, I felt I had control of leveling up my characters the way I see fit. The story line is amazing, even the long cut scenes are worth the watch, and I'd even play the game again to watch a few of them. The voice acting is great too, I'm usually not a voice over fan, but I felt the voices fit the characters perfectly! I beat the game in 60 hours, I obtained most of the items, though a few area's were left unplundered. I think my only beef is that the bosses weren't excessivly difficult to beat, but then again, I spend a lot of time boosting levels, so that could contribute to the ease I had beating the game. At any rate, I highly recommend this game to any serious RPGer. Even if you're not a "sci-fi" fan (which I'm not either), you won't be disappointed. I can't wait for the next one!!!!

No comments :