Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Rebuying videogames or vacationing never increased my status.

When I was younger, I used to rebuy videogames for Virtual Console on Wii and multiplatform videogame titles across PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I figured that these are for first time buyers who are younger then me.  For example buying Half-life 2 for PC and then PS3.  Then  I play 16-bit roms in PC emulators and 32-bit videogames in PC emulators/Cannoo/Android, because I don't want to rehook the consoles  to my tv. 

After I found that my popularity didn't increase after mulitplatform titles or upgrading  DVD.   I realized that repurchasing the same titles didn't matter from a hitcounter  and subscriber standpoint and stop upgrading to Bluray altogether.  Pressed discs have a lifespan of 100 years  No one is hyping Bluray, Advanced Audio Coding, and Xbox One around here.  I wouldn't buy a new car, because I can post a Koenigsegg Agera R on Pinterest for free  and get slightly less attention as the new car I bought.

Constantly looking at  Flickr and Youtube at English speaking monarchies scenery and news broadcasts completely killed my interest visiting them in real life for budget reasons. The pictures are free, and I could Photoshop myself in them to get the same amount of attention online.

No comments :