Thursday, January 09, 2014

Digital Cameras came too late

You know how 35mm film you bought at the store wasn't that expensive, but you constantly ran out of it? That was my parents situation in the 1980s and 1990s. I was born, but I have only 200 pictures of myself in a 14 year period. My pictures were taken by a 1985 SLR and 1998 pocket camera.  Unlike today's children, I didn't treat it like a fashion show.  I didn't do anything out the ordinary on most pictures.  By 2005, there was very little to take pictures of, and I could steal all the scenery pictures off Flickr.  I had a scanner in the 1990s.

Remember those Generation Z articles I wrote a year ago.  Nothing has changed.  Generation Z is just about to conqueror Generation Y through Youtube, Blogspot, Wordpress, Vemeo, Facebook, Google+ and real life.   I can see Generation Z can run me over with a Hitcounter bus on Youtube and outnumber my friends on Goodreads.  You're seeing this scenario taking effect.  Generation Y and Z share the same anime, Japanese videogames.  For example, I watched Dragon Ball Z and Neon Genesis Eva while GenZ watches Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Death Note. I even saw most of  the Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network episodes of the 1990s.  As far as videogames, I played Final Fantasy VII on Playstation  and GenZ played Final Fantasy XIII.

I grew up in the 1990s so I didn't hear a peep of Critical Theory at all.  It was a entire unfair mute point!  There was no way I could figure out, because I had 56K Internet.  I have them now when everybody knows about them. I growing up years after the cold war,  and knew all the presidential quotes.

No comments :