Saturday, December 14, 2013

Match box and Hotwheels

I have quite the story to tell you about Matchbox and Hot Wheels.  I've read at least 20 articles from the US and UK how children and adults alike should collect these toy cars.  Now, I hate to be the adult in the room, but I sold my collection to goodwill!  I had about 60 cars in a briefcase.  Matchbox and Hot wheels predated my first videogame console.  I had LEGOs (that I still own), Matchbox, Hot Wheels when I was 10, but that was then.

I made a lot of bad decisions in my childhood such as  I didn't collect Warhammer 40,000, Magic the Gathering and Dungeons and Dragons when I was 10.  These reasons only result in unpopularity.  I was in the doomed to fail childhood of the 1990s predating all Facebook, ICQ, MIRC, MSN Messenger and EXTREME limited access to dial up Internet.

I was absolutely right about stop collecting LEGOs however.  Mall of America LEGO center had children playing there and everybody around here has gone to Mall of America at least twice in their lifetime.



Here is a photo of my collection.


No comments :