Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Parent's pre-internet social life

With Youtube, Facebook, Google+, Flickr, ICQ, Skype, Plentyoffish, OkCupid (online dating) and AIM, how does my parents even come up with the idea with offline social life. Unfortunately, with all of these accounts, my parents still believe I need this extinct version of social life. I say everybody is on facebook, but unfortunately Facebook is demoralizing in their opinion. I live in mixed capitalist society, where everybody wants to sell you something or mind their own business as Plato said. People really do mind their own business and they call the cops if you interrupt them. People will tell the cops of harassment so why bother. Sixty percent Americans still play online multiplayer on consoles and handhelds such as Xbox One or Playstation 4? If people are not on a dating website, they likely already have a girlfriend or are married to their girlfriend. What the hell.

I was in the bar fifty times. At the bar, I socialize with other patrons and listen to country and rock music normally in bars these days.  It was fun, but there was little to do. You had to interrupt a group every time and introduce yourself. Even then, they ask me what I am talking about. I got a phone number from Adam about a year ago.  Adam, who is 21, is a part of a bar-hopping posse.  Everybody bar-hops at 21.  I think I was playing Playstation 2 or Xbox missed out on bar hopping entirely at 21. Oops!

No comments :