Saturday, March 20, 2021

Isolation problems since 2000

I have been a loner since grade school with the exception of two boys from Boy Scouts of America and my cousins David Hartmon and Brian Hartmon on sleep overs. We went on trips together like Ely, MN, and Mall of America. I was in REM Wisconsin for two years looking for jobs and a partner for bar crawls. Then when I move to Minnesota in 2020, I have a address book full of people who I just phone. I have 25 people on my address book. I have made acquaintance with mom’s friends for over 30 years. I just talk to them and boy scouts friends I made in 1995. The problem has always been my social skills were below average since grade school since I’m not in relationships. Sure, I was on OKCupid and PlentyofFish looking for women. Plentyoffish IP bans me after I text too many women. OkCupid has the A List with a credit card. I don’t have credit cards. The women on OKCupid don’t answer me much but I have a lot of interest. Then former laptop Chips employees look me up on Snapchat. Its something to chat with. I needed photographs of working because 3 stores of the 7 stores I worked at closed permanently. Wisconsin had the castle doctrine (cars, houses, workplace or with them) so I wasn’t excited to bar crawl in my 30s. Before that I thought it was stranger danger in grade school. In fact, I think they booby trapped the bars with cops. But whatever, I have photographs of rock concerts and bar crawls when I went in my 20s when Myspace was still the scene in 2006. I have photos of these parties and party buses around 2008-2010. I don’t see these friends in person anymore….I just have their phone numbers. I saw boy scout friend Randy in 2019. I saw randy a lot in the 2000s and sometimes in the 2010s. Randy is Catholic, yet his wife is Lutheran. We used to go to boating trips like Bass Lake in between hudson, wi and somerset wi. Then Randy and I went to the bars together in New Richmond, wisconsin. Chiefly the Champs Sports Bar. There are a lot of crazy people. I thought I meet women off Okcupid and that was safer then winging it in bars. I was bar crawling and coffee crawling random people in my 20s. Its been a constant downhill after age 30 in Wisconsin. I was able to do 1700 people on linkedin, 2600 facebook friends, but I can’t count on them for a relationship. It’s like the culture in Los Angeles, where LA people add social media profiles to look favorable to employers. Everybody in Los Angeles rely on handsome appearance and there is a public sphere / circle that people don’t leave. Entering the circle takes some brilliant social bartering.


No comments :