Monday, October 16, 2023

videogames were supposed to enhance my social circles

 

I bought 3000 Modern Magic the Gathering cards in 2020, but the game stores play standard decks and not modern decks or legacy decks. Then in October, I bought a Dungeon and Dragons Essential pack and D&D Players Guide and map for a total of $45. The Dork Den told me to buy the D&D Essentials pack worth $16. They use Dungeons and Dragons Beyond app for a Dungeon Master, spell cards, dice/

I thought for the longest time, since Pokemon on Gameboys in elementary that videogames were going to give me girlfriends, wifes, friends, huge social circles (google+ with youtube videos). Then when I brought Mario Kart Super Circuit on a purple GBA in my pocket in 12th grade meant I was going to have friends. There were communists at Renaissance academy, because the Democratic Party was in power and they called me racist when the pledge of allegiance wasn’t sung often or started to disappear. I grew up with Sega Genesis, NES, N64, Sega Saturn and Dreamcast as a kid. Then PS2 and Xbox as high schooler. I had David Hartmon coming over a lot.

Now-a-days I thought I have a huge social circle on instagram. A lot of Facebook friends, old instagram followers were married or had a few girlfriends. I was on okcupid for 15 years looking for women with low amount of luck. I had this date in 2005 with a woman from high school and showed her pictures off playstation portable on a coffee shop. Then Amanda superliked me off okcupid and I found out with Premium.

Rate this:

No comments :